Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes: How to Make Wild Rice & Quinoa Herb Stuffing by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Fragrant fresh herbs, creamy sweet potato, tart cranberries and crunchy pecans. Everyone will love this flavor-filled stuffing! You’d never guess this recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free! Plus, it has the addition of protein-rich quinoa! Now you have more to celebrate!
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice blend
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, minced
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Deglaze with wine and stir to remove all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the wild rice and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until the rice is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa and cover. Cook until the quinoa is tender, about 15 additional minutes.
- Add the cranberries, pecans, a handful of chopped parsley and all of the sage. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly with olive oil. Gently scoop the rice mixture loosely into the casserole dish (do not pack). Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley.
Photo: Allysa from The Recipe Critic
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.