Wild Rice & Quinoa Herb Stuffing Recipe: Healthy, Vegan & Gluten-free by Chef Gigi
Fragrant fresh herbs, creamy sweet potato, tart cranberries and crunchy pecans. Everyone will love this flavor-filled stuffing! You’d never guess this recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free!
Plus, this healthy stuffing recipe has the addition of protein-rich quinoa. Now you have more to celebrate this Thanksgiving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice blend
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, minced
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 additional minutes.
- Deglaze with wine and stir to remove all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the wild rice and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until the rice is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa and cover. Cook until the quinoa is tender, about 15 additional minutes.
- Add the cranberries, pecans, a handful of chopped parsley and all of the sage. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub a 9x13-inch baking dish lightly with olive oil. Gently scoop the rice mixture loosely into the casserole dish (do not pack). Bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley.
Photo: Allysa from The Recipe Critic
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wild Rice Blends $3 & Up
Quinoa $3 & Up
Dried Cranberries $3 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.