Easy Pasta Recipes: How to Make Garlic Mushroom Pasta With Brown Butter by Chef Gigi
Add to collection
When you need a quick family meal after work, look no further than this easy garlic mushroom pasta recipe. If you don't like cremini mushrooms, substitute your favorite or a combination of several mushrooms.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds small cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- large handful Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoons of the olive oil with the bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring continually, until browned and toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove bread crumbs and set aside.
- In the same skillet over low heat, melt the butter until it begins to foam. Add the remaining olive oil and garlic. Cook, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in mushrooms and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. Heat through. Place in a serving bowl. Top pasta with the toasted bread crumbs, parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Photo: Plated On Line