Pumpkin Spice French Toast Recipe Is What to Serve for Brunch This Weekend by Chef Gigi
Pumpkin french toast? Yes, please! With fall and pumpkin season in full swing, you need to add this amazing pumpkin french toast recipe to your breakfast recipe arsenal.
To make it even faster to prepare, substitute pumpkin pie spice for the spices listed. This recipe is so good, you may want to serve it on any given Sunday for brunch!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half or almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 large loaf brioche, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, crushed
- powered sugar, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, pumpkin puree, spices, salt, brown sugar and vanilla. Working one or two slices at a time, dip bread into the egg mixture, allowing it to bathe for at least 10 to 20 seconds to soak up the egg mixture.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter in over medium heat. Working in batches, add the egg-soaked bread slices to the pan and cook until evenly golden brown and caramelized, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Continue with the remaining slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup and garnish with crushed candied pecans and powdered sugar.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pumpkin Pie Spice $3 & Up
Pumpkin Puree $1 & Up
Candied Pecans $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Ground Cloves $3 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $3 & Up
Allspice $4 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Dark Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Maple Syrup $6 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.