Pumpkin Spice French Toast Is What to Serve for Breakfast or Brunch by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Pumpkin French toast? Yes, please! To make it even faster to prepare, substitute pumpkin pie spice for the spices listed. This recipe is so good, you may want to serve it on any given Sunday for brunch!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half or almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 large loaf brioche, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, crushed
- powered sugar, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, pumpkin puree, spices, salt, brown sugar and vanilla. Working one or two slices at a time, dip bread into the egg mixture, allowing it to bathe for at least 10-20 seconds to soak up the egg mixture.
- In a large sauté pan, melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in over medium heat. Working in batches, add the egg-soaked bread slices to the pan and cook until evenly golden brown and caramelized, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Continue with the remaining slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup and garnish with crushed candied pecans and powdered sugar.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.