- 1 pound cooked and drained spaghetti noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch coins
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup homemade or store-bought pesto
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated fine
Here's how to make it:
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini and mushrooms and continue to sauté for an additional 5-8 minutes until vegetables are cooked through but still firm to the bite. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, the cooked vegetable mixture, remaining ingredients and half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with additional grated Parmesan cheese at serving time. Cut into wedges and serve.
Photo: Katie Serbinski