Boston Cream Pie: A Recipe Both Chocolate Lovers & Vanilla Lovers Can Agree On by Donna John
Boston cream pie was a staple at my grandma and grandpa’s house. Why? Because my grandma could make it fairly quickly to feed whoever came over on Sundays – and it tasted like she worked for hours on it. Boston cream pie is one of my favorites because it brings back great childhood memories, and it is simplicity at its finest. Cake. Vanilla pudding. Chocolate. Done.
Fun fact: Boston cream pie is the official dessert of Massachusetts, and it was declared in December of 1996. Red Sox fans, consider serving one at your World Series party (first game is tonight!).
- 1 yellow cake mix, baked per packages directions for a round cake and cut in half
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Here’s how to make it:
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk together until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip and vanilla.
- Place one half of the cake on serving platter. Spread on the pudding filling. Top with the other half of the cake.
- Put the butter and chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 1 minute until melted. Add the sugar and milk. Stir to form a glaze. Spread over the cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Yellow Cake Mix $1 & Up
Baker's Chocolate $4 & Up
Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix $2 & Up
Vanilla $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.