Butternut Squash & Pineapple Muffins Will Shake Up Your Boring Breakfast Routine by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Squash in muffins? Yes! These moist muffins are packed with butternut squash and sweet pineapple, then topped with brown sugar and pecans. Uh, yum! Skip your usual blueberry muffins and give these a try.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and grated large
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- brown sugar, for sprinkling
- chopped pecans, for sprinkling
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper baking liners and set aside.
- Sift together the spices with the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, whisk to combine the buttermilk, eggs, sugar, squash, pineapple, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in two additions. Beat until incorporated.
- Scoop the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins. Bake 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan once. About 5 minutes before they're finished baking, sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vanilla $4 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Crushed Pineapple $1 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Ground Cloves $3 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $4 & Up
Chopped Pecans $5 & Up
Muffin Tins $6 & Up
Baking Liners $4 & Up
Stand Mixers $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.