Butternut Squash & Pineapple Muffins: An Unexpected Way to Shake Up Your Fall Breakfast & Brunch Routine by Chef Gigi
These butternut squash and pineapple muffins are an unexpected way to welcome fall, and shake up your boring breakfast or brunch routine (they make a great dessert, or on-the-go snack, too). So skip your usual blueberry muffins and give these a try instead!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: Makes about 12 to 18 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and grated large
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup drained, crushed pineapple
- brown sugar, for sprinkling
- chopped pecans, for sprinkling
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper baking liners and set aside.
- Sift together the spices with the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, whisk to combine the buttermilk, eggs, sugar, squash, pineapple, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in two additions. Beat until incorporated.
- Scoop the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins. Bake 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan once. About 5 minutes before they're finished baking, sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.