Olive Hummus Is a Spooky & Healthy Halloween Snack for Kids & Adults by 30Seconds Food
Everyone may rethink the sugar for just a minute on Halloween when they can take a dip into this creepy olive hummus. Serve with vegetables, pita chips, bread sticks or crackers.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve liquid from the can)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup green olives stuffed with pimento
- 2 regular black olives (for spider garnish)
- sour cream or whipped cream cheese (for web garnish)
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic to a blender. Pulse until very smooth. Add a little of the reserved chickpea liquid, if needed.
- Add the olives and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Cut the regular black olives to create a spider.
- Put the sour cream or cream cheese into a plastic sandwich bag and cut the tip off to create a piping bag. Squeeze a web shape onto the hummus. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.