Creamy Olive Hummus Recipe: A Spooky & Healthy Halloween Snack by 30Seconds Food
Trying to cut down on sugar this Halloween? Everyone may rethink the sugar for just a minute on Halloween when they can take a dip into this creepy olive hummus. With healthy ingredients and easy prep, this will be a new family favorite at Halloween and beyond.
To make this creamy olive hummus you will need a can of chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice (fresh is best), garlic, pitted kalamata olives, green olives stuffed with pimento, regular black olives, sour cream and whipped cream cheese. The sour cream and cream cheese will become the spooky spider web with the help of a plastic food storage bag or piping bag. (Don't worry, it's easy!)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve liquid from the can)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup green olives stuffed with pimento
- 2 regular black olives (for spider garnish)
- sour cream or whipped cream cheese (for web garnish)
- Mixing Spoon
- Lemon Juicer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Food Storage Bags
- Don't just make this olive hummus on Halloween. Skip the web and spider steps and just serve in a bowl.
- This olive hummus also makes a great sandwich spread.
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic to a blender. Pulse until very smooth. Add a little of the reserved chickpea liquid, if needed.
- Add the olives and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Cut the regular black olives to create a spider.
- Put the sour cream or cream cheese into a plastic sandwich bag and cut the tip off to create a piping bag. Squeeze a web shape onto the hummus. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 12.9g
Saturated Fat: 1.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 16.9g
Dietary Fiber: 6.5g
Total Sugars: 0.9g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.