This Easy Beef Stew Recipe Is Ready in Less Than 45 Minutes! by Gwen Johnson
During the cooler months, there's nothing like a big bowl of beef stew. But, who has the time to cook it all day long? Not me! Here's my easy beef stew recipe that's ready in less than 45 minutes.
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large potato, cut up
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 2 large carrots, cut up
- 3 ribs celery, cut up
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Season the meat with salt and pepper and cook until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add meat back into the pot along with the broth and tomato sauce. Turn heat to low and cook about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.