Best Pickled Eggplant Recipe: Eggplant Is What Peter Piper Really Wanted to Pick by Donna John
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
- 2 pounds thin eggplant, but into thin rounds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- small hot red and green peppers or 1 sweet bell pepper, sliced
- mixture of chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 6 - 7 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- In a pot, bring the vinegar and water to a boil. Add the eggplant slices and cook 3 minutes (do not overcook or they'll be mushy!). Remove eggplant to paper towels and allow to sit about 15 minutes to dry out.
- In clean mason or canning jars, layer the eggplant, peppers, herbs and garlic.
- Pour the olive oil into the jar to cover the vegetables. Allow to sit a few hours before eating.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.