Hot Apple Pie Eggrolls With Caramel Dipping Sauce (Yes, You Read Right) by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Love apple pie? This fun recipe for apple pie eggrolls with a sweet caramel dipping sauce is just perfect for apple season. This delicious apple recipe is an unexpected change-up to eggrolls and pie. What's not to love about that?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 to 14
- 4 apples, peeled and diced very small
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 -14 large eggroll wrappers
- good-quality frying oil
- 1 recipe caramel sauce, for dunking (here's my recipe for salted maple caramel sauce)
Here’s how to make them:
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the eggroll wrappers and the frying oil. Toss to combine.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apple mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes until the apples are slightly cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay the eggroll wrappers flat on a clean dry work surface. With a corner point of the wrapper facing you, place a heaping tablespoon of the apple mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- Wet the edges with a little water from your finger and roll your wrapper like you are rolling up a burrito. Seal tight. Place seam side down on a baking tray lined with paper towels.
- Wash and dry the skillet used to sauté the apple mixture. Add enough oil to submerge the eggrolls at least halfway. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Gently fry each eggroll, turning once, until eggroll is completely browned on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with warmed caramel dipping sauce.