Hot Apple Pie Egg Rolls Recipe With Caramel Dipping Sauce Is Like Apple Pie In the Palm of Your Hand by Chef Gigi
Love apple pie? This recipe for apple pie egg rolls with a sweet caramel dipping sauce is like apple pie, but a lot more fun. That's because you're basically holding an apple pie in the palm of your hand, then dipping it into a decadent caramel sauce. Seriously!
This delicious apple recipe is an unexpected change-up to egg rolls and pie, and that delights the whole family. What's not to love about that? These dessert egg rolls also would be great served with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream. Oh, my!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 to 14
- 4 apples, peeled and diced very small
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 -14 large egg roll wrappers
- good-quality frying oil
- 1 recipe caramel sauce, for dunking (here's my recipe for salted maple caramel sauce)
Here’s how to make them:
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the egg roll wrappers and the frying oil. Toss to combine.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apple mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes until the apples are slightly cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers flat on a clean dry work surface. With a corner point of the wrapper facing you, place a heaping tablespoon of the apple mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- Wet the edges with a little water from your finger and roll your wrapper like you are rolling up a burrito. Seal tight. Place seam side down on a baking tray lined with paper towels.
- Wash and dry the skillet used to sauté the apple mixture. Add enough oil to submerge the egg rolls at least halfway. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- Gently fry each egg roll, turning once, until egg roll is completely browned on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with warmed caramel dipping sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.