Amish Cheesy Bacon & Potato Casserole Recipe Is Comfort Food for Busy Days by Chef Gigi
Here's a quick and delicious, belly-filling comfort food casserole made with potatoes, cheese and bacon (need we say more?) to dish up and serve for dinner in 30 minutes flat. And guess what? It's an Amish recipe, so you know it's really good.
For an even heartier meal, add diced leftover cooked chicken. So easy, and so delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 12 - 14 medium russet potatoes, baked until about 2/3 done (still firm to cut)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions or chives, chopped
Here’s how to make it:
- Prepare a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Quarter the cooked potatoes and place half in the prepared casserole in single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bacon and cheese. Top with half the sour cream, sliced onions and then the cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with more cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with additional sliced onions.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Quick Cookbooks $4 & Up
13x9-inch Glass Baking Pans $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.