30-Minute Meals: Kids & Parents Will Love This Cheesy Bacon & Potato Casserole! by Gigi Gaggero
Let’s be real … what parent has time for anything else during back-to-school season, except back-to-school season? Here is a quick belly-filling casserole to dish up and out between this crazy month of new schedules and the gobs of paperwork! For an even heartier meal, add diced leftover cooked chicken.
- 12-14 medium russet potatoes, baked until about 2/3 done (still firm to cut)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions or chives, chopped
Here’s how to make it:
- Prepare a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Quarter the cooked potatoes and place half in the prepared casserole in single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bacon and cheese. Top with half the sour cream, sliced onions and then the cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with more cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with additional sliced onions.