20-Minute Linguine Bolognese Recipe With Zucchini Is a Healthy One-Pot Wonder by Donna John
Kids (and husbands!) will never know there's healthy zucchini in their Bolognese sauce. One thing you will know – this easy Bolognese recipe only requires one pot for cooking, making cleanup a snap. Want to up the veggie factor even more? Stir in some grated carrot with the zucchini.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the linguine according to package directions in salted water, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain and set noodles aside in a bowl.
- Brown the ground beef in the same pot. When cooked through, remove from the pot and add to the reserved pasta.
- Add the olive oil to the same pot. Cook the onion until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the tomatoes, soy and about half of the pasta cooking water. Bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Taste and re-season, if necessary, and add the remaining cooking water, if desired.
- Add the pasta and Parmesan. Still to combine. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Linguine $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Crushed Tomatoes $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.