Grilled Watermelon: Fruit May Be Taking Over the Grill This July 4th (Sorry, Meat) by Donna John
A salad of greens, grilled watermelon, Cotija cheese and pepitas at a Mexican restaurant was my introduction to grilling this fruit. The heat brings out the watermelon's flavor and takes it to the next level. It's great on its own as a snack, but try it in your next salad, with grilled chicken or shrimp or made into a watermelon salsa. Be sure to leave the rind on while grilling to help keep the watermelon from falling apart of mashing it with your tongs.
- watermelon slices (rind still intact)
- salt (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat your outdoor grill to high heat.
- Put the watermelon slices on the grill. Season with salt, if using.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the watermelon has grill marks.
- Turn the watermelon over and continue to cook 1-2 more minutes. Serve.
Note: Don't have an outdoor grill? Cook inside on a grill pan preheated to high for 2-3 minutes per side.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Grill Pans $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.