Lighten Up With This Green Bean, Tomato & Feta Salad Recipe by Stephanie Mallory
This green bean and tomato salad is always a hit with my family and at potluck suppers. I serve it as a side or even as a main dish when we want to go vegetarian or have a light lunch. The recipe measurements are approximate. If you have more beans or more tomatoes, use them! It will still taste good.
- fresh green beans (1-2 pounds)
- fresh tomatoes, large or cherry size (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Italian salad dressing, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Snap or cut your green beans into 1- to 2-inch pieces. Steam or microwave them until they are cooked, but still a bit “crisp” to bite. Place them in a large mixing bowl and chill.
- Cut your tomatoes into bite-size chunks. Add them to the large bowl with beans.
- Sprinkle in the feta and sliced almonds. Mix well.
- Add the dressing. Chill the salad and serve. You may want to add a bit of extra dressing just before you serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.