15-Minute Instant Pot® Macaroni & Cheese Recipe: A Food Coma in the Making by Donna John
While scrolling through Facebook, one of those enticing, draw-you-in food videos popped up in my feed for an Instant Pot® macaroni and cheese recipe. After quickly surveying my kitchen, the realization that not all the ingredients were accounted for started to sink in. What to do? Improvise!
The result was a creamy mac and cheese, another successful Instant Pot® endeavor and ... food coma. Turn this into a meal by adding chopped brisket, sausage or ham. Diced jalapeno, onion and bacon would also not be frowned upon.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream, evaporated milk or whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the noodles, butter, water, cream and mustard in your Instant Pot®. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook on the steam sitting on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release after 4 minutes and open lid.
- Add the cheeses and a few shakes of Tabasco sauce, if using. Stir well.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pot® $52 & Up
Tabasco Sauce $3 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $2 & Up
Ground Mustard $4 & Up
Evaporated Milk $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.