15-Minute Instant Pot® Macaroni & Cheese Recipe: A Food Coma in the Making by Donna John
While scrolling through Facebook, one of those enticing, draw-you-in food videos popped up in my feed for an Instant Pot® macaroni and cheese recipe. After quickly surveying my kitchen, the realization that not all the ingredients were accounted for started to sink in. What to do? Improvise!
The result was a creamy mac and cheese, another successful Instant Pot® endeavor and ... food coma. Turn this into a meal by adding chopped brisket, sausage or ham. Diced jalapeno, onion and bacon would also not be frowned upon.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream, evaporated milk or whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the noodles, butter, water, cream and mustard in your Instant Pot®. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook on the steam sitting on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release after 4 minutes and open lid.
- Add the cheeses and a few shakes of Tabasco sauce, if using. Stir well.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pot® $52 & Up
Tabasco Sauce $3 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $2 & Up
Ground Mustard $4 & Up
Evaporated Milk $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.