Chef Joël Robuchon's Famous Buttery Mashed Potatoes Recipe (Bourdain Style) by Chef Gigi
We lost prominent chefs Joël Robuchon and Anthony Bourdain. They will always be missed. I thought I'd honor them both of them with this mashed potato recipe.
Here is Food and Wine Magazine’s publishing of Michelin-starred chef Joël Robuchon's buttery mashed potatoes he is so famous for – through the eyes of Anthony Bourdain. Serve this buttery mashed potato recipe with your chicken, pork, beef or lamb. This will be your new way to make mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 4 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 6 sticks high-quality, cold unsalted butter (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil with 2 tablespoons of salt. Simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let stand in a colander for 3 minutes.
- Pass the potatoes through a ricer into the large pot. Cook over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the potatoes are hot and steam starts to rise, about 2 minutes (they’ll begin to stick to the bottom of the pot).
- Add one-fourth of the butter at a time, stirring constantly, until incorporated.
- Stir in the cream and season generously with salt. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.