Chef Joël Robuchon's Famous Buttery Mashed Potatoes Recipe – Anthony Bourdain Style by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
With the loss of prominent chefs Joël Robuchon and Anthony Bourdain, I thought it was appropriate to honor them both. Here is Food and Wine Magazine’s publishing of Michelin-starred chef Joël Robuchon's buttery mashed potatoes he is so famous for – through the eyes of Anthony Bourdain.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 4 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
- 6 sticks high-quality, cold unsalted butter (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil with 2 tablespoons of salt. Simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let stand in a colander for 3 minutes.
- Pass the potatoes through a ricer into the large pot. Cook over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the potatoes are hot and steam starts to rise, about 2 minutes (they’ll begin to stick to the bottom of the pot).
- Add one-fourth of the butter at a time, stirring constantly, until incorporated.
- Stir in the cream and season generously with salt. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.