This Oreo Icebox Cake Recipe Is Insanely Easy to Make & Sinfully Delicious by Donna John
This Oreo icebox cake recipe from Southern Bite caught my eye while looking for a new dessert to make for a family get-together. Uh, yum! The cake was a huge hit and incredibly easy to make. You'll want to smear a little of the filling on your face, ruffle your hair and pretend you slaved away all day to make it (think Rice Krispies Treats). Shhh, no one needs to know.
- 4 packages Oreo Thins
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, completely softened
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
In a small bowl, vigorously stir the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy.
Gradually add the cream cheese to the whipped cream until thoroughly combined.
On the plate you plan to serve it on, arrange 12 of the Oreos in a layer (9 on the outside and 3 inside).
Lift up the cookies and spread a little of the filling on each so they stick to the plate.
Spread a layer of the filling onto the top, making sure not to cover the tips of the cookies.
Add another layer of 12 cookies.
Continue layering, staggering the cookies on the outside.
Cover and chill the cake in the fridge for at least four hours before serving, preferably overnight.
- I ended up using only three packages of Oreos because I got heavy-handed with the filling. It still turned out great, but it was more filling than cookies. If you want to use all four packages, limit the amount of filling to about a 1/2 cup for each layer.
- Keep in mind that this cake gets tall, so unless you have a really tall cake dome (or only use three packages of cookies), you may need to just cover with plastic wrap for chilling. This works well because it won't stick to the cookies on the top layer.
- The cake slices beautifully after being refrigerated. Just like a "real" cake.
- Add a festive touch to the cake for holidays by sprinkling with colored sugar or sprinkles. Red and blue for July 4th would be fun!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.