Duck Breasts Recipe With Cherry Sauce: You're 20 Minutes Away From Gourmet by 30Seconds Food
Who wouldn't love to serve their family gourmet dinners all the time? But who has the time? With this duck breast recipe in cherry sauce, however, you can have gourmet on the table in under 20 minutes. And it's the perfect dinner to surprise your sweetheart with on Valentine's Day.
The secret shortcut to the cherry sauce is a can of pie filling. Sounds crazy, but it works! The pie filling is cooked with Cognac, sherry and Worcestershire sauce to cut the sweetness and add more flavor. So easy and delicious.
If you're not a fan of duck, you could use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead, which stay moister than chicken breasts. Serve this impressive skillet recipe with silky mashed potatoes, parsnip puree or your favorite side dishes. Don't forget a glass of wine or a special Valentine's Day cocktail or mocktail.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 20 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless duck breast halves or 4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (21 ounces) tart cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh chopped parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Season duck breasts with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and pound gently until they are about 3/8 inches thick. Coat both sides of the breasts with the brown sugar.
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the duck and cook, turning one time, until lightly browned on the outside and pink on the inside, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Pour in the pie filling, Cognac, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring gently, until sauce is hot and duck is medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Cook longer, if desired.
- Slice the duck and spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cherry Pie Filling $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Cooking Sherry $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.