Cooking With Pantry Staples: This Homemade Tex-Mex Taco Seasoning Recipe Is Muy Bueno by Gigi Gaggero
Ever read the ingredients on packaged taco seasoning? Is it really worth saving five minutes to use packaged seasoning that contains shelf stabilizers that could be harmful to your health? The answer should be, no bueno!
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon dark red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all of the ingredients together.
- Mix well. Store in an airtight glass mason jar. Keeps up to three months.
When ready to use:
- Brown 2 pounds of ground beef, chicken or turkey. Drain fat.
- Add the seasoning along with 1/4 - 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and 1/4 cup stock.
- Simmer until flavors are infused and liquid is absorbed. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Oregano $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.