Father's Day Mancakes (aka Beer & Bacon): They're What Men Really Want for Breakfast by Gigi Gaggero
Start your man's day off right with pancakes made with beer and loaded with sweet, brown sugar bacon. That's almost worth saying again! Yum!
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups beer or favorite non-alcoholic beer, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 cup warm maple syrup, for garnish
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a high-sided baking sheet with foil. With nonstick spray, cover the front and back of a wire rack and place on top of the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Arrange bacon in single layer on top of rack. Bake 10 minutes. Open the oven and gently sprinkle the bacon with half the brown sugar. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn bacon over, sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown and edges are crispy. Remove from oven. Cool completely. Crumble bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Spritz with vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine all the pancake ingredients and beat, withholding 1/2 cup of the beer. Whisk until blended and lump free. If batter is too thick, add saved beer until desired consistency. Gently fold in brown sugared bacon.
- Pour by 1/4 to 1/2 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry and bubbles begin to form. Make sure centers are cooked through if you are making cake-like pancakes. Gently flip pancakes and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with warm maple syrup, plenty of butter and ice-cold beer!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.