The Best Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe (You Won't Believe the Secret Ingredient) by Heather Holter
If there is anything I hate it is hard crumbly cookies. But I have the answer! Add instant pudding powder to the dough! I cannot take credit for this brilliant idea. I found this recipe for double chocolate chip cookies and they were so amazing I thought I would try this for sugar cookies – and it worked amazingly!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 3 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Buttercream Icing (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in pudding mix (dry) and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Stir into the wet ingredients.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Roll cookie dough into balls, roll in sugar and place onto the baking sheet. Flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F for 10 minutes or until the edges are set. (The center will be doughy.) Let sit on pan for 2 minutes and remove to a cooling rack. Frost with buttercream, if desired. Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter with an electric mixer. Add the powdered sugar gradually, one cup at a time, then add in the vanilla and milk.
- For snickerdoodles, roll dough in cinnamon sugar instead of sugar.
- For lemon cookies, use lemon pudding and lemon extract instead of vanilla.
- For chocolate cookies, use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla and add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- You can also change the frosting this way using lemon extract or adding cocoa powder.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.