Roasted Carrot Hummus Recipe Takes Snacking Up a Healthy Notch by 30Seconds Food
With just a hint of cinnamon, this roasted carrot hummus recipe takes plain ol' hummus to a new level. And it's so easy to make. Hummus and carrot lovers are going to be so excited for this recipe!
Serve this roasted carrot hummus recipe with pita chips, naan or fresh vegetables. It's a fun addition to your Halloween and Thanksgiving tables.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- chickpeas, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until they are beginning to brown.
- Put the carrots into a blender along with the tahini, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, cinnamon, and salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper, lemon and cinnamon, if needed.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with chickpeas, chopped parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tahini $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Pita Chips $3 & Up
Naan $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.