Cheesy Southern Salmon Patties Recipe Is Ready In 10 Minutes by Donna John
You can always find a can of salmon in my pantry. When my kids were little, salmon patties were an easy dinner for those busy school nights. And even as empty nesters, salmon patties are still a go-to recipe for me.
Here's a different twist on the traditional salmon patties. The salmon patties are made with a large can of drained and flaked salmon, an egg, buttermilk, self-rising flour and shredded cheddar cheese. The ingredients are simply mixed together, shaped into patties and pan-fried until crispy and golden on both sides.
These cheesy southern salmon patties will make even the pickiest eater happy. Serve these salmon patties with your favorite side dishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (see Recipe Notes)
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- vegetable oil, for frying
- This cheesy salmon patties recipes can stick very easily because of the cheese, so be sure to use a nonstick pan and keep an eye on them.
- You can switch up the cheese you use for this easy recipe. Try mozzarella, muenster, gouda, white cheddar, Gruyere or even Swiss cheese instead of cheddar cheese.
- Don't have buttermilk? Here's how to make homemade buttermilk in five minutes with two ingredients.
Here's how to make it:
- Mix all ingredients together well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Shape into patties.
- Heat a little oil in a nonstick pan and cook until browned on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.1g
Saturated Fat: 6.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
Total Sugars: 1g
Vitamin D: 7mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.