Get Your Kitchen Mojo Back With This Cilantro Stem Sauce Recipe by Alison Mountford
Cilantro stems are perfectly edible and have tons of flavor, so there’s no need to toss them out (ahem, #nofoodwaste). Pluck off the leaves for use in your pretty grain salads and garnish, but use the stems in this great summer sauce. Mojo is a Cuban sauce that's classically made from citrus and oregano, but this cilantro riff is great on anything grilled from asparagus and salmon to pork and chicken.
- 1 bunch cilantro stems (and maybe a few leaves)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece tender ginger, smashed (skin and all, but if it's older go ahead and peel first)
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch red chili flakes (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine everything in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until everything is finely chopped and sauce comes together, about 1 minute. Keep refrigerated and serve over everything.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mason Jars $8 & Up
Food Processors $25 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.