Smoky Grilled Guacamole Recipe: Who Knew Guacamole Could Get Even Better? by Chef Gigi
Thought guacamole couldn't get any better? Think again! You'll be the superhero of the kitchen when you whip up a bowl of this smoky guacamole recipe.
The onion, tomatoes, jalapeno and avocado are grilled before transforming into a creamy guacamole. Holy, smokes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 medium ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomatoes, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil. Gently toss to coat. Grill vegetables, covered, until tender and charred, turning occasionally.
- Brush avocados with remaining oil. Place cut side down on an oiled grill over indirect heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the flesh is nicely charred with grill marks. Do not disturb once the avocados are placed on the grill rack. Cool grilled vegetables completely. Chop into small dice and set aside.
- Remove avocado flesh with a large spoon discarding the skins. Transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in the remaining chopped vegetables. Add cilantro, lime juice, cumin and salt. Serve immediately with chips.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Molcajetes $20 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Canola Oil $3 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.