Smokey Guacamole Recipe: Grilled Avocados May Make This Your Favorite Guacamole Recipe Ever by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Thought guacamole couldn't get any better? Think again! You'll be the superhero of the kitchen when you whip up a bowl of this smokey guacamole. Holy, smokes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 medium ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomatoes, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil. Gently toss to coat. Grill vegetables, covered, until tender and charred, turning occasionally.
- Brush avocados with remaining oil. Place cut side down on an oiled grill over indirect heat for 4-6 minutes, or until the flesh is nicely charred with grill marks. Do not disturb once the avocados are placed on the grill rack. Cool grilled vegetables completely. Chop into small dice and set aside.
- Remove avocado flesh with a large spoon discarding the skins. Transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in the remaining chopped vegetables. Add cilantro, lime juice, cumin and salt. Serve immediately with chips.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.