Grilled Corn on the Cob: Ditch the Aluminum Foil & Grill Corn This Way! by Gigi Gaggero
There's no need for aluminum foil when grilling corn! Instead, use the corn's natural husks to grill in. Corn husks will allow the smoke to permeate through and blanket the kernels with the smoldering characteristics we love from outdoor cooking – and it's really easy!
- Place the ears of corn into a large pot of cold iced water and allow them to soak a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Dry the ears of corn and remove three or four outer layers of the husks, keeping the remaining layers intact to protect the corn as it cooks.
- Fresh grown corn is lined with long, thin, strands of silky threads running between the protective husks and the delicious fresh kernels. The silk needs to be removed before grilling. Gently pull down the remaining husks to expose the corn and the silk. Remove as much of the silk as is possible. This can easily be done by using a dry paper towel to wipe them away. Don't worry if a few strands remain; the rest of the silk is easily removed after the corn husks are grilled. Save the few detached husks to tie the tips of the cob closed.
- With the corn exposed from the husk, this is a good time to add extra flavor. Combine your favorite flavor combinations with warm melted butter. My family loves butter, garlic, parsley with sea salt and cumin. Brush the warm flavored butter over the cold corn evenly. The butter will harden on the cold corn when applied, and when it melts the flavors will be infused.
- Regardless of what flavor combinations you use, spread it on thoroughly. Cover the exposed buttered corn with the remaining husks you pulled back and tie the tips with the husks you permanently removed.
- Grill over a medium to medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes. If cooking at a higher temperature, be careful not to burn off the husks and expose the corn. Grill the ears, turning every two to three minutes, to cook the kernels on all sides.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Corn on the Cob Holders $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.