6-Ingredient Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe: Low-Calorie & Budget-Friendly by Donna John
Ground beef in an inexpensive ingredient that cooks up quickly and is so versatile. This ground beef enchilada recipe has just six ingredients: ground beef, onion, chopped green chiles, enchilada sauce, reduced-fat cheese and tortillas. These enchiladas are on the table in about 30 minutes!
Two of these ground beef enchiladas have around 400 calories. Not bad. Just remember, the more toppings you add to this enchilada recipe, the more calories! But if you're not watching your weight, if it's cheat night or if you're the honey badger (and just don't care!), pile on the guacamole and sour cream. This easy ground beef enchilada recipe is a family pleaser.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) red enchilada sauce (or try this homemade enchilada sauce recipe)
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese (divided)
- 8 low-carb flour tortillas
- optional toppings: chopped onion, fresh cilantro, guacamole, sour cream, chopped tomato
- Use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- Add chopped raw onion to the top before serving, if desired.
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet until browned. Drain.
- Add the green chiles, 1 can of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir well.
- Spoon mixture into flour tortillas and roll up. Place seam-side down in a 13x9-inch baking pan that’s been coated with nonstick spray.
- Pour the remaining can of enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Garnish with whatever optional toppings you desire!
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.