Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (separate the green from the white)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cashews
- cooked white rice or brown rice, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch and toss to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add half the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the remaining chicken. Cook about 1 minute, then add the garlic and white parts of the onion. Cook until chicken is browned, about 2 minutes. Return the first batch of chicken to the skillet. Add the vinegar. Cook until vinegar evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Add the hoisin sauce and water. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the green parts of the onion and cashews. Cook about 30 seconds more. Serve over rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar $4 & Up
Cashews $7 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Brown Rice $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Canola Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.