Craving Chinese food? Aren't we all! Tame that Chinese food craving without leaving the house or ordering takeout with this quick cashew chicken recipe.
This easy chicken recipe is ready in about 20 minutes. Awesome, right? Serve it with white rice, fried rice or rice noodles. Pack the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (separate the green from the white)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cashews
- cooked white rice or brown rice, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch and toss to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add half the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the remaining chicken. Cook about 1 minute, then add the garlic and white parts of the onion. Cook until chicken is browned, about 2 minutes. Return the first batch of chicken to the skillet. Add the vinegar. Cook until vinegar evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Add the hoisin sauce and water. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the green parts of the onion and cashews. Cook about 30 seconds more. Serve over rice.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar $4 & Up
Cashews $7 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Brown Rice $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Canola Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.