This Turmeric Rice Recipe With Peas & Lemon Is a Healthy & Easy Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
After reading the health benefits of turmeric in a post by 1MD, you may want to add this easy turmeric rice recipe to your recipe rotation. This side dish great with grilled chicken (or tofu for your vegan and vegetarian friends) and is great the next day for lunch.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup basmati rice or jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth (you can use chicken broth)
- 1 cup water
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter (if vegan omit and add 2 tablespoons olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
Here’s how to make it:
- In a pot, bring the stock, water, lemon juice, butter, olive oil, turmeric and salt to a boil. Add the rice. Cover and cook on low for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the peas and parsley or cilantro. Taste and re-season, if needed. Cover and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Stir and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Turmeric $2 & Up
Basmatic Rice $4 & Up
Jasmine Rice $5 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.