Mom: Celebrate Life With Cherries, Chocolate & Red Wine Ice Pops! by Gigi Gaggero
- 1 cup Thomas Fogarty Cabernet (or your favorite Cabernet)
- 1 bar of 70% or higher good-quality dark chocolate, chipped into small chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cherries, deseeded and smashed
Here's how to make them:
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar and the wine on medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture just begins to simmer.
- Add the cherries and allow to cook for about 3 - 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Process everything except the chocolate in a food processor or standing blender until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and stir in chocolate to melt and combine. Cool.
- Pour the mixture into molds and freeze for about 1 1/2 hours, then insert wooden sticks. Allow to freeze until solid an additional 3 - 4 hours. To remove from molds, run warm water over the molds to help release the ice pops.
Variation: Freeze in a shallow glass casserole pan stirring a few times during the freeze time. Serve by scooping into bowls! If you are feeling really stressed, just eat it out of the container with a giant spoon!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.