Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Copycat Recipe: A Creamy Pasta Salad Recipe From the Islands by Shauna Flury
Don't expect leftovers if you take this Hawaiian macaroni salad recipe to your next get-together. Be sure to only use Best Foods mayonnaise. Do not use Kraft or Miracle Whip. In some areas Hellman's mayo is the same as Best Foods. It makes all the difference! This salad is best if chilled for at least two to four hours before serving, but 24 hours is best.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Total Time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
- 1 pound elbow macaroni (I used large elbow macaroni but only half the package)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk (you can also use 2% but not 1%)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (small ones and reserve 2/3 of the tops for garnish)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated and chopped into bite-sized chunks
Here's how to make it:
- Bring approximately 4 quarts of water to a boil and add the macaroni. Cook until VERY soft, about 15 minutes. Drain the macaroni and return to the pot.
- Add the vinegar and stir until the macaroni is well coated while slightly warm and the vinegar adheres. Let cool.
- While the macaroni is cooling, combine the mayo, milk and brown sugar. Mix well. Add any desired salt and pepper. Pour over the cooled macaroni and stir well. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.