Skinny Baked Chimichanga Recipe: A Healthier Way to Eat Mexican Food by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small poblano pepper, chopped (use jalapenos for more spice)
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 – 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (cheddar, Mexican white, Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, etc.)
- 8-inch flour tortillas
- optional toppings: guacamole, sliced avocado, chopped red onion, cilantro, tomato, salsa, sour cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the turkey, onion, poblano, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin in a skillet until browned.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the cheese. Stir until melted. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Spoon about a 1/2 cup of the filling into the center of each tortilla.
- Fold up burrito style. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until lightly browned and crisp, about 20 minutes. Top with desired toppings and serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.