The Best Vegan Macaroni & Cheese: This Easy Vegan Mac & Cheese Recipe Makes Everyone Happy by Donna John
With two vegan kids, we are always looking for vegan recipes that make everyone happy – including the meat-eaters. This easy vegan macaroni and cheese recipe from Timothy Pakron (aka Mississippi Vegan) does just that. Pakron says the topping is “totally optional and not necessary,” so that’s your call.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to packages directions to al dente
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight if using a regular blender)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pack American slices by Follow Your Heart, chopped (or your favorite brand)
- 1 pack smoked gouda by Follow Your Heart, chopped (or your favorite brand)
- 1 pack provolone slices by Follow Your Heart, chopped (or your favorite brand)
- 1 bag shredded pizza-style shreds by Follow Your Heart (or your favorite brand)
- 6 teaspoons vegan butter
Here’s how to make it:
- Pour the al dente noodles into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a high-speed blender, add the cashews and water and blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped cheeses, butter, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, turmeric powder and cornstarch. Start by blending on low and gradually turn up the speed, until you are left with a smooth and creamy sauce, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles. Mix well. If you’re using the topping, sprinkle the pizza-style cheese over the top and dollop with the butter.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven, uncovered, about 30 minutes, or until edges are a little golden and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and stir. Let it stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Raw Cashews $6 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Ground Cayenne $3 & Up
Turmeric $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.