Kid-friendly Side Dishes: Mashed Potatoes & Peas Is a Recipe Sure to Please by 30Seconds Food
Your kids might refuse to eat peas, but we bet they'll gobble up these green mashed potatoes! If you have leftovers, form it into patties and pan fry until lightly browned on both sides. Delicious!
- 2 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups pea, fresh or frozen (divided)
- 1 cup milk
Here’s how to make it:
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and cook in boiling, salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and mash.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet. Add the peas and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of the peas into a blender. Add the milk and salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the pea mixture, along with the remaining butter, into the potatoes. Stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with the remaining peas. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.