Homemade Bagel Recipe: These Bagels Look & Taste Like You Bought Them From a Bagel Shop by Jessica Acree
I've always appreciated the smell and texture of fresh, homemade bread baked to golden-brown perfection. I admittedly am not the gal who can make it look easy, cranking out loaf after loaf for the holidays or fancy PB&Js. I stumbled on the two-ingredient bread craze a while back and decided to put a simple bagel recipe to the test. Because I don't have yeast on hand, I opted for the 4- to 5-ingredient option by a favorite website of mine, adding in my own baking powder and salt for rising power.
My daughter loves helping in the kitchen and was tickled that we had a project. She took great joy in leveling off the flour, mixing it up, smashing it against the counter and rolling it onto O’s topped off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. They were easy, cooked up beautifully and tasted great!
- 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (yes, really!)
- 1 egg white wash, for the top
- toppings of your choice
Here’s how to make it:
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment or Silpat. Spray parchment, if using, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the yogurt and mix until well combined and resembles small crumbs.
- Dust your work surface. Knead the dough until dough is not sticky, about 15 times. Divide into four balls.
- Roll each ball into 3/4-inch ropes and join the ends to form bagels.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
For air fryer method instructions and more about this bagel recipe, visit Skinnytaste.com.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Whole Wheat Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
Poppy Seeds $3 & Up
Silpat $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.