Soup and stew are always in season. This hearty stew flavored with paprika and beer will satisfy the whole family and is easy enough to make on a weeknight.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds stew meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can beer
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups baby carrots or 4 whole carrots, cut into rounds
- 6 small white or red potatoes, cut into quarters
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large soup pot. Brown the meat in batches. Set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour in the beer, stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and paprika. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef back to the pot. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring often, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook another 30 minutes. Re-season with salt and pepper and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.