Peanut Butter & Pretzels Cake: There's Nothing Nutty About It! by 30Seconds Food
National Peanut Butter Lover's Day is March 1! Why not celebrate your love of peanut butter and family by making this fun peanut butter & pretzels cake? Peanut butter and pretzels are a classic combination – pure yum. Your kids will go nuts when you let them cover the cake with pretzel twists. Simply nuts.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk or nut milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 bag mini pretzel twists
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix ingredients in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat about 2 minutes. Scrape the sides and beat 30 seconds more. Pour into 2 round cake pans that have been sprayed on the bottoms only with nonstick cooking spray or rubbed with shortening.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer until incorporated. Gradually add the sugar. Beat in the milk a little at a time until it’s light, fluffy and spreadable.
Here’s how to decorate it:
- Place one half of the cake onto a plate. Spread a little of the frosting on top. Cover with the second layer of cake.
- Now the fun part! Cover the entire cake with the mini pretzels. You could also get fancy and cover only part of the cake and form a “peanut” shape with frosting (as pictured).
Note: Another idea is not to stack the two cake layers and let your kids each decorate their own cake.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.