Banana Date Pecan Bread Recipe: A Nutritionist's Banana Bread Recipe Is Naturally Sweet (No Refined Sugar) by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
I experimented with using dates in lieu of sugar in this pecan date banana bread recipe, and it turned out deliciously. Nobody needs refined sugar in their life! This amazing bread recipe is naturally sweet and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 4 small ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 cup)
- 6 fresh dates, pitted (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cinnamon
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place bananas in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place dates in another bowl and pour the hot water over them. Allow them to soak for a minute.
- In a mixer add butter and dates. Blend together well. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add both flours, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add flour mixture to the mixer and blend well.
- Add bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and pecans. Mix until well combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Place in the oven for 60 minutes. Check with a toothpick; if comes out clean, the bread is ready. Remove from oven. Cool and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dates $3 & Up
Pecans $6 & Up
Whole Wheat Flour $4 & Up
Roasted Cinnamon $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.