A Dietitian Shares Her Naturally Sweet Banana Bread Recipe (No Refined Sugar) by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 4 small ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 cup)
- 6 fresh dates, pitted (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cinnamon
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place bananas in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place dates in another bowl and pour the hot water over them. Allow them to soak for a minute.
- In a mixer add butter and dates. Blend together well. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add both flours, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add flour mixture to the mixer and blend well.
- Add bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and pecans. Mix until well combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Place in the oven for 60 minutes. Check with a toothpick; if comes out clean, the bread is ready. Remove from oven. Cool and serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.