Mardi Gras Cake Ideas: This Could Possibly Be the Easiest Mardi Gras King Cake Ever by Donna John
Think it's too late to make a king cake? You're probably right ... or so I thought. After reading Holly Budde's easy recipe for shortcut king cake (yum!), inspiration hit me. Here's my idea for another easy Mardi Gras king cake for those of us who wait until the very last minute!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
Here's how to make it:
- Prepare and bake the cake mix using a bundt pan. Remove from pan and cool.
- While cake is baking, combine the glaze ingredients.
- Spread the glaze on the cake.
- Alternate the sprinkle colors around the cake.
Note: For an even easier cake – if that's even possible – use a can of vanilla frosting instead of making the glaze.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
King Cake Plastic Babies $6 & Up
Purple Sprinkles $3 & Up
Yellow Sprinkles $3 & Up
Green Sprinkles $3 & Up
Bundt Pans $10 & Up
Vanilla Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Vanilla Cake Frosting $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.