Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe: This Shortcut King Cake Recipe Is Ready in 30 Minutes by Holly Budde
La vie douce means "the sweet life!" Make your Mardi Gras a little sweeter with this easy king cake recipe. This shortcut recipe that will make you a genius Mardi Gras cake baker in 30 minutes.
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar (divided)
Here’s how to make it:
- Unroll the crescent rolls into one piece. Press together the seams to seal.
- Mix a paste of butter and cinnamon and spread over the dough.
- In a bowl mix together half a box (approximately 8 ounces) of powdered sugar and the softened cream cheese. Drop by teaspoons full on top of the butter mixture, making sure you have it evenly distributed. (You can also add a few teaspoon dollops of pie filling and/or nuts to this step if you want.)
- Roll the dough horizontally. Press the seams together and form a circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While it’s baking, mix the remaining powdered sugar, the vanilla and enough warm water to make a thick glaze.
- Allow cake to cool, then spread the glaze heavily on the cake. Decorate with sprinkles and beads, of course!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
King Cake Plastic Babies $6 & Up
Purple Sprinkles $3 & Up
Yellow Sprinkles $3 & Up
Green Sprinkles $3 & Up
Mardi Gras Beads $7 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.